Saturday, July 19, 2008

Farworld: The Water Keep


Farworld: The Water Keep [book 1] by J. Scott Savage



It begins as a modern day faerie tale with the same beginning as many fantasy stories today. At the beginning Marcus is the wimpy handicap kid that everyone picks on, while on the other hand Kyja lives in this magical world and is not particularly a girl you would want to pick on (even though she is bullied by the other magical kids). The beginning is very similar to Leven Thumps and the Gateway to Foo by Obert Syke: boy has a magical past and has no idea about it and is constantly being bullied and the other main character, the girl, is also part of the magical world to, but she sorta has an idea of whats going on. Personally, the first couple of chapters were similar to many different books, then when Marcus got to Farworld it was starting to get interesting and it slowed down and got a little bit boring. About that time I started reading something else and took a break from the book. Then I recalled that I was suppose to write a review on it soon so I finished it up. I actually thought when you got through some parts it got better then it slowed down again. To me it was kinda all over the place and confusing to me. However, I thought some of the creatures such as Galespinner were quite interesting. I will most definitely read the entire series, because I cannot just read one book out of a series. Who knows maybe the story will get better through out the books. It was a good fantasy novel, but it wasn't a Harry Potter in the making. :\ I give it 6 out of 10 stars!! ******


2 comments:

Danielle Diez - Maiden of Emmanuel said...

oh, i don't think so...
yes i'm absolutely obsessed with the Dragons In Our Midst series!*which ones are your favorite?*

Danielle Diez - Maiden of Emmanuel said...

You should most definitely get the 3rd book...ya:)
I've come close to reading Dekker's books. Are they any good?