Thursday, October 23, 2008

Something Actually Interesting Enough To Post On My Blog

It was a dark and stormy night and the electricity kept flicking on and off... and I was trying to sleep. :| Well really I was waking up every time the power popped on and off (it made a really loud popping sound PLUS the fire alarms kept going off.). Well after the 3rd time the electricity popped I heard something over my bed room in the attic. At first I was like whatever I thought it was the trees brushing against the roof. Then another thought came into my head "We don't have tree's on this side of the House!". The noise came again it sounded like it had claws and weight. Remembering that maybe a week or two ago my dad had put a squirrel trap in the attic because we had a couple midnight visitors that came around since Ike (of course he put the stinkin' trap over my bed room in the attic!!). But I never recalled squirrels having so much weight on them or that they made lots of noise either. So I got up and grabbed my phone to use as a flashlight, once I got the courage to get out of bed, because I am still scared of the dark! I ran into the living room and poked my dad and when he finally was like "What?" I had told him what I heard and that it sounded like it was trapped.

He kinda shrugged it off and got up to turn off the fire alarms. Then after awhile ( I was sleeping on a couch because I was wayyyy to scared to go back into my room because I had tricked my self out by thinking a little black hand with claws would come between the vent slates in my room and pull it off and get through and jump on my bed, bite me, and then I would get rabies!) my dad heard the scratchy noise that had WEIGHT to it may I remind you. So he came told me that he thought I was right and that it sounded like it was trapped. He started going up into the attic slowly and he told me to catch it if it came down (as a joke, but it freaked me out anyway) so I went into Tim's room and got this really long point scythe thing he had made the previous day. As Dad went up into the attic Tim and Mom finally came out of the bedroom. Then dad was like "Eureka!" we caught something! When he finally I got down the cage it actually turned out to be..... a OPOSSUM!! :O

I named him Carl :3 Who knew that cute, adorable, evil, possessed, poltergeist-like-possum, could be so darn cute? Well this morning I woke up to say good bye because Dad was going to drop him off at a big wooded area park. Last night when in the cage he was playing dead and pooping everywhere, but this morning he was awake and he was blinking. I have a video on my phone of him blinking! LOL Then when my dad got the cage to put it in the car he opened his mouth and started hissing sort of.. :| At first I thought he was smiling at me with his cute little possum baby teeth. Naw, he was just ticked off because he had to do a photo shoot last night and this morning. LOL Well that was my overly BORING (sarcasm) night. Leave a comment, question, complaint, or concern in the comment box!! Later,
~Mikaela Taylor
BTW that was not a pic of Carl. I will post pics of him later today. :] Maybe...

1 comment:

Anna said...

i meant to but i forgot! that's awesome that you named it Carl.