Thursday, November 5, 2009

Peregrination - Chapter 6

Chapter 6

"Serena! Eric!" Anneliese cried as she and Bard ran into the room.

"Oh my gosh, you guys, how did you escape? Are you all right?" Serena asked excitedly as she jumped at them.

"Well once Anneliese was caught, I started cutting off the Scares, a large one attacked me at my leg pulling me off. Thats when she became slightly concious again and cut the rest of the vines off her and came after me. It was terrible! Once we got set free, we followed the blood trail inti the woods, we saw where you had hit your head on a tree root!" Bard finished. Wow, Serena thought. Everybody since the day of this journey has been injured. It's only have been three days! Should we continue on? We have to! Oceanus is depending on us. Plus, how would get back anyway? We have come to far into the forest, plus I'm pretty sure Anneliese isn't quite sure where we are.

"Serena," Anneliese said. Serena shook out of her thought process to turn her attention to their guide.

"Yes?"

"Are we going to continue on? I thought I knew where we were going, but the forest is constantly changing so its hard to mark."

"Yes, we must. Tarigot is counting on us." Serena replied.

Anneliese bowed and went back into a different chamber, with Bard tagging behind. Eric started to stir, then his eyes popped wide open.

"WHERE AM I??!" He said sitting up, then falling back down on his bed again in pain.

"Oh no he popped his stiches!" Weather cried running over to put them back in.

"What happened?" Eric asked painfully, squiming from the new stiches Weather was sewing in.

"You were lead by a nymph into the Scares where you were attacked, and luckily i was there and i got you back to the dug out." Weather replied.

"What about the others?! Bard, Anneliese, and Serena?"

"We are fine!" Serena said as she walked over to where Eric was laying. "A nymph that disguised itself to look like you lead us into the Scares pit! We were all attacked, Annliese and Bard not quite so much. We are all fine."

"Those scars on your face.. did those plants did that to you?" Eric asked.

Scars? On my face? Serena hadn't even looked in a year in the past week, much less today. She ran over to a small piece of mirror and saw all these smal white scars that covered one side of her face. She gasped.

"The vines got a hold of your face, when you hit your head leaving an open wound. They would have attacked your brain if we hadn't gotten there on time."

"These scars will go away won't they?" Serena said checking herself for any new scars she seemed to miss.

"No, scars that from the Scares, stay forever. Thats how the Scares got their name. I'm sorry to say but you seem to have a lot of them. Especially on your back, leg, and face." Jareth said melancholy.

Forever scared. These scars will be a constant reminder of what had happen to all these people. Because of my urge of this peregrination. Serena thought blaming herself. Weather came up to her saying, "Don't worry though! They will fade away on you eventually, leaving just tiny lines!" Trying to cheer her up.

"It's not me, it's them now they are scare too!"

"Serena," Eric started as he tried sitting up once more. "it's okay! Really! Besides the scars make me look more dangerous don't you think?" He continued showing off his arms, where large white scars stood out amongst his tan skin.

"I shouldn't have forced ya'll to come with me!" Serena said her face turning as white as the fading scars on her face.

"You didn't force us!" Bard said butting in.

"We came on out own will, because you know I wouldn't have come if I didn't want too." Anneliese said. "And honestly, Serena, in the beginning I was coming only because of me because my father had me betrothed to an old duke and I didn't want to marry him, so I came along on this journey to get away from it all. I think we all did, and we would have never thought about coming if you hadn't came in and made it happen." She said finishing.

Serena sat down on her cot thinking about what has all been said. Then replied, "As soon as everyone has recovered fully we shall set off again, no matter what sorts of carnivorous plants we come upon." Serena said laughing at the thought of being eaten by a plant.

"And I," The pixie like voice jumped in, "am coming with you! What if you guys DO get into another sticky situation like that? Who is going to get you out other than me? I know these woods better than anybody (except Jareth of course) and have lived here for 2000 years!"

Serena started to object, but new it was no use. Who has ever been able to change a pixies mind?

No comments: